18CS32 Data Structures and Applications VTU Question Bank Module – 1
|University Name: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi|
|Branch Name: Computer Science and Engineering|
|Semester: 3rd Semester|
|Subject Code and Subject Name: 18CS32 Data Structures and Applications – DSA|
|Type of Material: Question Bank|
MODULE – 1: INTRODUCTION
1. Define Data structures. Classify the data structures.
2. Explain the operations of data structures.
3. What is array? How array are declarations and implemented in C.
4. How C treats an array when it is parameter to a function?
5. What is a pointer? How it can be dangerous?
6. What is structure? Explain various operations that can be performed on structures
7. Write a note on structure with in structures with an example.
8. What is self-referential structures? Explain with example.
9. Define the union. How it is different from the structure.
10. How does a structure differ from a union? Mention any 2 uses of structure
11. Define pointer. How pointers can be dangerous.
12. Explain dynamic memory allocation with examples.
13. Define linear array. How linear arrays are represented?
14. Show how one and two-dimensional arrays allocated dynamically.
15. Explain the operations of the array with example.
16. Explain the sparse matrix representation.
17. How transposing of a sparse matrix done.
18. Explain the representation of multidimensional arrays.
19. What is a polynomial? Apply appropriate data structures to represent two polynomials and write a function to add the polynomials.
20. Using nested structures, write a C program to store and display employee information for the following field Ename, Empid, DOB (Date, Month, Year), and salary (Basic, DA, HRA).
21. Develop a structure to represent planets in the solar system. Each planet has fields for the planet’s name, its distance from the sun in miles, and the number of moons it has. Write a program to read the data for each planet and store it. Also, print the name of the planet that has the highest number of moons.
22. What is the difference between int *a and int a and int *?
23. Write a program in C to read a sparse matrix of integer values and search this matrix for an element specified by the user.
24. What are i) String ii) Length of string iii) Null String iv) Concatenation of string v) Substring.
25. Show how strings are stored with a block diagram.
26. How the various programming languages handles character data type in different ways.
27. Explain the string operations in detail.
28. Write any two pattern matching algorithms and explain with examples.
Here you can download the 2018 scheme 18CS32 Data Structures and Applications Question Bank – 1. If you like the material share it with your friends. Like the Facebook page for regular updates and YouTube channel for video tutorials.