|Artificial Intelligence Tutorial|
|Machine Learning Projects Tutorial||Python Video tutorial|
|Computer Graphics Video Tutorial||C++ Video Tutorial|
|Big Data Analytics Video Tutorial||Soft Computing Video Tutorial|
|Placement Video Tutorial||Java Video Tutorial|
Python program to accept a string find the longest word and its length
Write a Python program to accept a string from the user and display the longest word of that sentence along with its length.
1. Read the input string from the user using the input function and store it in a string variable.
2. Pass the input string to longestWordLength method which finds the longest word and its length. The returned values are stored in w and l respectively.
3. Initialize the length of the longest word to 0 and Initlize w (longest word) to empty
4. Split the string into words using the splits function.
5. Compare the length of each word against the length. If the length of the word is more than the length, replace the length value with the length of the new word and w with the new word.
6. Finally return the longest word and its length.
7. Display the longest word and its length in the called function.
Source code of Python program to accept a string find the longest word and its length
# Write a Python program to accept a string from the user # and display the longest word of that sentence along with its length def longestWordLength(string): length = 0 # Initilize length to 0 w = '' # Initlize word to empty # Finding longest word in the given sentence and word for word in string.split(): if(len(word) > length): length = len(word) w = word return (length, w) string = input("Enter the string: ") l, w = longestWordLength(string) print("Longest word is ", w, " and its length is ", l)
Enter the string: VTUPulse A Computer Science and Engineering Portal
Longest word is Engineering and its length is 11
This tutorial discusses how to write a Python program to accept a string find the longest word and its length. If you like the tutorial share it with your friends. Like the Facebook page for regular updates and YouTube channel for video tutorials.