Core Java Interview Questions and Answers: Question 1 to Question 10
Here you can find the most important top) core java interview questions and answers (1 to 10) for placement (campus) interview and competitive examinations.
1. What is the most important feature of Java?
Answer: Java is a platform independent language.
2. What do you mean by platform independence?
Answer: Platform independence means that we can write and compile the java code in one platform (eg Windows) and can execute the class in any other supported platform eg (Linux, Solaris, etc).
3. What is a JVM?
Answer: JVM is Java Virtual Machine which is a run time environment for the compiled java class files.
4. Are JVM’s platform independent?
Answer: JVM’s are not platform-independent. JVM’s are platform specific run time implementation provided by the vendor.
5. What is the difference between a JDK and a JVM?
Answer: JDK is the Java Development Kit which is for development purposes and it includes an execution environment also. But JVM is purely a run-time environment and hence you will not be able to compile your source files using a JVM.
6. What is a pointer and does Java support pointers?
Answer: The pointer is a reference handle to a memory location. Improper handling of pointers leads to memory leaks and reliability issues hence Java doesn’t support the usage of pointers.
7. What is the base class of all classes?
8. Does Java support multiple inheritance?
Answer: Java doesn’t support multiple inheritance.
9. Is Java a pure object-oriented language?
Answer: Java uses primitive data types and hence is not a pure object oriented language.
10. Are arrays primitive data types?
Answer: In Java, Arrays are objects.
Here you can find the frequently asked Core Java Interview Questions and Answers 1 to 10. If you like the material share it with your friends. Like the Facebook page for regular updates and YouTube channel for video tutorials.